[TriLUG] OT: DSL for SOHO in Chapel Hill

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Wed Jan 28 11:50:27 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 08:19, Michael Thompson wrote:
> NOT if you live in Greenville.

But definitely if you live in Cary.  The Cary staff is reasonably
knowledgeable, and when I asked the question if the laptops they sell
were compatible with Linux, they admitted their ignorance, kicked the
question around for a couple days and then offered to let me install on
a laptop in the store, no obligation.  (sadly my situation changed in
the intervening time, so I was unable to take advantage.)

They've always tried to work with the customer, and help in figuring out
if the hw will work in your system.

Only bad thing now is that they are apparently really pushing to be the
premier source for case mod supplies.

Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>