[TriLUG] Re: setting full duplex (part 2)

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Jan 29 12:36:06 EST 2004

Greetings,

You'll need to set speed and duplex settings when the module is loaded.
  Details for doing so are here:  http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html

In short, you add a line something like:

options 3c59x options=0, full_duplex=1

0ptions=0 sets it to auto select network speed,

full_duplex=1 forces it to use full_duplex mode.

I've had issues with 3c595 100BaseTX Vortex cards NOT selecting the
correct network speed at times.  Only way to get them to behave was to
power-cycle the computer.

--[Lance]

--
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/