[TriLUG] iChat to GnomeMeeting (or simialer)

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Jan 29 15:23:36 EST 2004

David A. Cafaro wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I'd actually gotten some of that info which was
> very encouraging (Seems Mr Jobs doesn't want Mac people talking to
> anyone else non-mac).

Well, that's not what he said in the keynote when he announced iChat AV.
What he said was that Apple was using standards compliant stuff to
do the video, just that no one had the same thing out there yet.
(So, yeah, they didn't do it like everyone else, but that doesn't
necessarily mean it's a closed system.)

So, does anyone know if the process iChat AV uses is documented
somewhere?

Cheers,
Tanner