[TriLUG] FBI Visit...

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 12:08:49 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:26:02PM -0500, Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
>
> > Are they hiring?
>
> King George and his court jester, Ashcroft, have been toiling to bring the
> maximum possible invasiveness of the federal government into your privacy.
> This has created many job openings in the Department of Homeland Stasi.
>
> > What exactly do you have to do to get an FBI job?
>
> I seem to remember seeing a /. story about this a few months ago that was
> actually pretty interesting reading.  Though the author did not get the
> job (otherwise I doubt he'd be writing such a story).

It was NSA. Not FBI.  The message is that you'd better be an average
middle of the road kind of person.  Don't be passionate aboout anything.
A sense of humor is not a plus. Don't be creative. Don't count on getting
the job if it requires security clearance.  I think you need to be
tolerant of crushing bureaucracy too.

--
Mike