[TriLUG] FBI Visit...

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Fri Jan 30 10:08:55 EST 2004

Shea Tisdale wrote:
> Ooooh.  Girl with a gun!

and handcuffs too! Do FBI agents carry a night stick? That might be fun
too...

> Ok, the best way to get hired is to have a background in law enforcement and
> advanced training in IT.  The second best way(and very close) is to have a
> masters in accounting or a law degree - the FBI loves those.  Throw in IT
> experience and you are right there.

Hmmm. No accounting or law degree here although I do have IT experience
(well, I don't know that it would qualify as "heavy-duty" IT experience
but I have worked on computers in some form or fashion for several years).

> But for someone without either, take the Basic Law Enforcement Training
> course at your local tech college.  This is a short course of something like
> 1 semester and it qualifies you for a job with the local police or sheriff.
> Then try to get on with one of those departments in their computer crime
> group.  Then you can get a special agent position with the FBI and slide
> over into a full-time FBI position.

Uh-oh! I don't know that I'd want to work for the Durham Police - my
ex-boyfriend is a Durham cop :)

> Of course there are other ways...

OOHHH the mystery ... do tell, if you can ;)

Lisa B.