[TriLUG] Debian any good?

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Sun Feb 1 00:32:38 EST 2004

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I did not realize that it was possible to install
Debian off the KNOPPIX CD! Actually I am busy using jigdo to build the
Debian3r2 iso's now. 7 CDs is a lot. Do I really need all of them?

Although I do use the machine primarily as my mail server and firewall
it does also see use as a Desktop machine from time to time. Its a bit
slow for heavy use(PII 350 w/256MB RAM). My RedHat 8 distro had KDE
3.0.5 on it. I see that Debian Stable only has 2.2.something ancient.
That sounds a little more "stable" that I like. However I don't want the
machine crashing every ten minutes. Should I go for the "Testing"
release instead?

--
Peter Long