[TriLUG] Kernel Question

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Mon Feb 2 14:14:21 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 23:33, Magnus wrote:

> The security aspects of OpenBSD are light years ahead of other
> platforms in some ways.  Once you learn the pf firewall, for example,
> you'll never want to go near iptables again.

+1, the pf firewall is *very* nice, and 1 remote hole (default install)
in 7 years is definitely noteworthy!

> Speaking of RTFM, OpenBSD has the *best* man pages in the *NIX world,
> hands down.

The man pages are excellent, but I purchased "Absolute OpenBSD"
(http://www.absoluteopenbsd.com/) for additional help.  I would
*highly* recommend it.  It covers everything from installation to what
most of those /etc/*conf files are for!  (Not to mention a few chapters
with detailed pf information.)

HTH!

--mike