[TriLUG] card bus network card won't auto ifconfig

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Feb 4 09:35:22 EST 2004

I don't know if this is the same problem I had, but with my thinkpad (a
240) CardBus cards don't work without a special kernel directive at boot
time. You need to pass the parameter:

pci=assign-busses

There's more info and links about it here:
http://www.unc.edu/home/aperrin/tips/src/tp240.html

I don't actually know that this is your problem, but the fact that it
works with PCMCIA and not CardBus does suggest that.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu