[TriLUG] LiquidWeb Dedicated Servers

Joshua Gitlin josh at glowfilms.com
Wed Feb 4 15:00:35 EST 2004

Tarus,

ServerBeach was my first choice, but I had two complaints:

1. I want at least a 2.4 GHz processor, and want the ability to upgrade
to a dual if my server needs it. The server that meets my minimum
requirements at Server Beach is their top-of-the-line server, and they
do not allow upgrades of any sort... LiquidWeb has upgrade paths from
the server of my choice (Their "Dedicated Server I")

2. Not that I will need it, but LiquidWeb has 24x7 phone support... In
the past, when managing my own servers, I've been able to fix all my
own problems, but sometimes I need a push... That's what this list is
good for ;) However, if I have clients on my server and I get stuck
with a problem, I want to make sure that I can get it fixed ASAP.

Other than those problems, Server Beach would be my company of choice.
The price is better, too...

-Josh

Due to the recent increase in spam and falsely sent email, I now PGP
Sign all of my outgoing mail to prove my identity. This means that you
will see an attachment called "PGP.sig" with this message. This
attachment can be used to prove that I am who I say I am. If you are
not familiar with PGP, you can safely ignore it. For more information,
please visit http://www.pgp.com/ or http://www.gnupg.org/