[TriLUG] prowling for a small form-factor Linux box

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Feb 5 09:22:32 EST 2004

Greg Brown wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea what might fit this bill?  Audio quality and
> noise are the highest factors followed by appearance and power draw.
> I'm hoping to find something that sounds great, looks great, and uses
> little power.   Heh.. if only it were that easy!

I can't speak to the sound quality of any specific model...but if
you want small, quiet and unobtrusive, you can't beat a laptop!
Since computing power is not an issue, you shouldn't have any
trouble finding a used unit at a good price.

Depending on your chosen compression factor, it is possible that the
MP3 format will be the limiting factor, not the sound card, in the
sound quality of your system...but you probably already knew that.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software