[TriLUG] midi plugin for linux

Marty Ferguson marty at rtmx.net
Fri Feb 6 14:16:00 EST 2004

CChip,

You should probably repost your question in different terms.
Being that Linux is the Kernel, audio IO is handled by
kernel modules.

I suspect you already have the capability to play midi files
if you've installed a recent distro, but you may need to
coax your desktop and/or browzer to run the correct "helper app"
when you click on a .mid/.midi file.

You may need to do no more that use the appropriate gui editor
to modify the mime-types file for your browzer.