[TriLUG] New LUG in the Triangle???

David R.Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Sun Feb 8 06:55:58 EST 2004

On Sunday, February 8, 2004, at 06:32  AM, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> Ok, maybe this is old news to everybody else, but it's
> the first I've heard of it...  but apparently there's
> something of a LUG out at UNC now.  I stumbled
> across their mailing list while browsing the
> lists.ibiblio.org site..

> The list archives only date back to Dec-2003..
> Something new, or have I just been in the dark?

New as of December 2003 (roughly), the UNC-LUG was established as a
channel for discussing the possibilities of site licenses for various
Linux distros and their use on the UNC-CH campus.  It is also planned
as an avenue for UNC students, staff and faculty to build a local
support community around Linux and work towards greater F/OSS adoption
on campus.

Not much traffic yet, tho.
dave m.