[TriLUG] 1u rack server

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Sun Feb 8 12:08:27 EST 2004

On Feb 6, 2004, at 2:55 PM, Ed Anderson wrote:

> I love intrex, but my experience has been the same way.
> I've set up 2 boxes from scratch from there.  Overall,
> An incorrectly mounted heatsink, causing the CPU to over heat,
> two bad motherboards, and a bad stick of ram.

I haven't had problems with their equipment (but my former employer
has.)  Then again, most of what I buy there are things like fans and
null-modem adapters.  Anytime I go in looking for an ethernet card or a
switch I feel like opening a shop next door called "Top Shelf
Computers" where we *never* carry cheap NIC knockoffs or VIA chipsets.

[Insert VIA rant here.]  Grr.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at elfie.org
ICBM: 38º 56' 32.6"N 77º 24' 47.7"W Z+62m