[TriLUG] RFC: Mailing list protocol FAQ entry

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Mon Feb 9 12:03:21 EST 2004

Due to recent list traffic, there has been some discussion about proper
list topics and protocols.  Per my discussions with Tanner, the following
is proposed as a FAQ entry for the protocol on this list.  Comments and
ammendations are desired:

-----
This is a technical list for discussion of Linux, other open source
topics, and related job postings.  Off-topic discussions, particularly
Windows topics, should be avoided unless they relate to the main topics
(for example, Windows-UNIX interoperability).  Spam, off-color, and
offensive emails should be avoided regardless of the perceived "humor
value".  Failure to stay on topic may result in a deluge of reminders to
stay on topic.
-----

I will be ironing this out as proposed changes come in.  I'd like to
finalize this by Friday.

William Sutton