[TriLUG] Front panel USB and Firewire connectors

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Feb 9 16:00:53 EST 2004

> Anyone have a decent source for USB and/or Firewire front panel patch
> panels?  I'm looking for something to bring out to the front panel 4
> unused USB 1.1 and 1 Firewire headers on my motherboard.  The firewire
> would be nice but is not currently a must-have.
>
> Google and Froogle have not been particularly helpful tonite.

Intrex caries something that might work for what you seem to be looking
for, and it's available locally.  The product is a Thermaltake Hardcano
10.  It's perhaps more functions in a device that you had in mind,
though.  It includes two usb ports, a firewire port, two variable speed
fan controllers, two temperature readouts, and rails to mount a 3.5"
hard drive behind the bay it occupies.
The Intrex part number is CSM-HCANO10, listed at their website here:
http://www.intrex.com/parts/CasCaseMod.asp
Pictures and more info are available here:
http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/hardcano/a1658.htm
You can get information on finding a local Intrex here:
http://www.intrex.com/Locations.htm

Cost is $29.99.

Up until recently Intrex also carried two different front panel USB
parts, a simple 2-port Antec Easy-USB, as well as a do-it-yourself
casemod-style part that snapped into the InWin V700 case that they
carried.  Unfortunately both have been discontinued and are no longer
available.

Hope the info is helpful.

Look forward to meeting a few of the names that have been going by, this
coming Thursday!

Aaron S. Joyner

PS - Disclaimer since I'm new to the list (and Raleigh, for that matter):

I work for the ISP division of Intrex, Intrex.net.  The information
provided above is my personal opinion, and in no way should be construed
as representative of Intrex Computers or Intrex.net.  Please read all
instructions and warnings before use. Must be 18 years of age or older
to proceed further. Enter at your own risk. Do not enter. Speed limit -
28.8 or higher. Stop here on red. Hostess will seat you. Trucks over 4
tons excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Some assembly required.
This is a test of the emergency broadcast system - this is ONLY A TEST!
List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included.
Contents may settle during shipment. Any resemblance to persons living
or dead is purely coincidental.