[TriLUG] setting up rsync

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 16:03:39 EST 2004

I have one method, using rsync server.  This was done on RHL 9 and FC1.
Here's my notes:
(also shows manual method using ssh)

http://www.turnpike420.net/linux2/rsync.txt

Be aware if you have gallery running, the perms on the setup dir will muck with
rsync working (has for me at this point) but if you change perms for rsync to
work with gallery, gallery will think you are in setup mode and won't work! ;)
kinda catch 22, so when I want to rsync my /var/www I have to manually change,
rsync, change back the gallery setup perms.

hth,
David M.