[TriLUG] LaTeX tables - ascii input?

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 11:28:44 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:06:04AM -0500, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 09:27, Ed Hill wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 08:51, Douglas Kojetin wrote:
> > > Hi All-
> > >
> > > Sorry if this is a basic LaTeX question, but I left my 'LaTeX for
> > > Beginners' book @ home (and I'm @ school).
> >
> > But seriously, there are multiple ways to do tables:
> >
> >   1) in a separate file, format the table using TeX and then
> >      just \input{} it
> >
> >   2) create the table using some completely different tool
> >      (OpenOffice?) and then include it as an Encapsulated
> >      PostScript figure:
>

> Oh, and I forgot to mention the "ps2epsi" utility which can be mighty
> helpful for option #2 above.
>
> Ed
>
> [XXX at YYY]: rpm -q --whatprovides `which ps2epsi`
> ghostscript-7.05-32.1
>

> --
> Edward H. Hill III, PhD
> office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
>             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
> email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com
> phone:   617-253-0098
> fax:     617-253-4464

Well if this ain't fair then nothing is.  NCSU student asks question and
gets answer from MIT PhD.  Why, in my day we had to chisel tables into
stone tablets and use a wheel-barrow to turn them in for grading.

Just kidding.  Wish I had Internet and Google when I was in school.

--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com