[TriLUG] Bus Master Arbitration Error

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Tue Feb 10 23:45:20 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:26:15PM -0500, Mark Fowle wrote:
> I am running 2.4.20-8smp on a Netfinity 5100. The on board car is a
> pcnet32 - it's causing a "Bus master arbitration error" - I tried the
> patch posted at IBM but when I try to apply it, it says that the patch
> isn't correct - Has anyone seen a good patch for it anywhere - I've
> googled but found nothing but the bad patch :-(

You'll first want to upgrade to the latest errata kernel available for
the distribution version you have installed.

The patch at:
http://www-124.ibm.com/linux/patches/misc/pcnet32-watchdog.patch
is actually quite trivial to hand-apply and then recompile.

Holler if you need assistance applying.

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc