[TriLUG] where to go from RH9?

Roberto J. Dohnert webwarrior at gnu-darwin.org
Wed Feb 11 19:45:32 EST 2004

No, Magnus's reply was not valid and i dont care if he is diplomatic or
not.  His reply implied that since I responded with Windows XP, that I
have no basis or knowledge to make a suggestion, why else post the
header infromation,  I do have experience with Linux and UNIX and have
setup many networks with the two Operating Systems,  his reply was not
to make a point.  His reply was just trying to start something.  Yes
most of my Linux work is done on SuSE Linux 8.1 and the Java Desktop
System, which in my opinion I have found to be light years ahead of Red
Hat and thats just a personal preference and opinion you can disagree if
you wish and I am well versed in both, SuSE and JDS.  I have used Red
Hat BTW.  If he is dying to know why I posted with Windows XP, I mean if
he is about to crap himself with anger because I dare post to a LUG list
with a Windows machine then here is why.  It is a work machine, the
machine is still under warranty and our hardwae provider has a fit if we
send it back for maintenance and audit with anything else besides what
the machine was shipped with.  After the warranty expires which is in
another year and a half, it then becomes mine and I will install Linux
on it while I will have undoubtedly Windows Longhorn, XP2, 2005 Pro or
whatever they install on it.  If Magnus wants to know the specs of the
machine I can post those as well.  But I would like to see in LUG bylaws
where it says I HAVE to post using a Linux machine.