[TriLUG] where to go from RH9? - Mandrake

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Feb 12 09:31:23 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Christopher L Merrill wrote:

> 3) Mandrake - similarity to RH is a bonus...financial instability is not.

This is not to be taken as a slight against Mandrake, but from the POV of
someone migrating a number of systems from RH9 to Mandrake it is worth
pointing out that if you use Kickstart you will need to re-engineer your
system deployment on Mandrake.  While it has a lot in common with Red Hat,
Kickstart isn't there (they have their own alternative that works
completely differently).  This is the reason Mandrake was dropped from our
migration project fairly early on (we have a lot of time and effort
invested in Kickstart so needed a Kickstart-able distro).