[TriLUG] IRC

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 12:37:29 EST 2004

Just read through the #debian dispute.  All if it. Read the transcript
too.

First Janet and Justin and now this.  Both incidents had an "apology".
Both appeared to have been staged.

Debian is a very good community with plenty of help available.  If you
just want to be abused, Debian is quite good at dishing that out too.

The thing I've learned, which is amusing, is you need Debian more than
Debian needs you.  If Debian isn't doing what you want it to do then
you are using it the wrong way.

For the record, I've asked questions on #trilug in the past that got
ignored.  There was a lot of chatter and my questions whizzed on by
without being noticed.  Other times I got _instant_ answers.

I prefer email lists.  IRC is drugs.  It's like reality-TV for geeks.
--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com