[TriLUG] Have any space to spare for TriLUG classes?

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 12 22:54:52 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 04:41 PM, twoods at tomnkim.us wrote:

> Have you tried the libraries?  Cameron Village, Richard Harrison, and
> Eve Perry Libraries all have space that's free to use for
> Non-profits...  they may have rules that we can't work with, such as
> no food/drinks or no exchange of money...   But it may be worth
> looking into.
>
> I, for one, attended the email server setup class and found it very
> informative.  In fact, I set up an email server, which I still use
> today, based on what I learned in that class.  I would definately
> attend other sessions.
> yy
> Tom Woods
===========================Mike, I may have the perfect solution for
you. A computer group which I've been affiliated with (one of the
oldest micro-computer groups in the area) named I-hug recently
disbanded and gave up its site. Their meetings were  on the first
Thursday evening of the month at Graphicsink, it's located in Durham
fairly close to Tri-lug's regular meeting site as well. The owner is a
close friend of mine, who is now on a short cruise in the tropics and
he would have to approve this.  Graphicsink is one of  Galaxo's and
several other RTP corporations' graphics experts and printers.
Incidentally, the owner is a mac fanatic, but he also uses  Linux
servers in his company. They have several comfortable rooms with high
speed DSL connections, tables and chairs, as well as some teaching
aides such as wipe off boards. If you think this might be useful to
consider, just send me an email at alfjon at mindspring.com if you think
this might be useful. It also might be possible to use this site at
other times, but before I can ask I would need to know what you prefer.
--- Al Johnson.