[TriLUG] automated response

Tom Woods twoods at tomnkim.us
Thu Feb 12 23:09:10 EST 2004

Not to defend the auto-respond to the maillist... But.....

For example;  I am required to set an out of office (OoO) when I am
going to be, well...  Out of the office.  Unfortunately, this will reply
to mailing lists as well as individulas.  However, it doesn't reply to
every email.  Once the OoO is sent to a recipient, that recipient is
tagged, and subsequent messages from that address are not replied to.
So, worst case scenario, the list gets one OoO message.

Now... Knowing that even one OoO is annoying in a high traffic mail
list, I don't subscribe with my work email address.  Hence, you should
never see an OoO from me....  But I thought it would be good to point
out that often you won't see more than one OoO from an individual user.

Tom