[TriLUG] jabber.trilug.org Yahoo transport

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Fri Feb 13 00:45:34 EST 2004

Lance A. Brown said the following on 2/12/04 11:59 PM:
> Hi,
>
> Is the Yahoo transport on jabber.trilug.org broken?  About half of the
> people I regularly IM with are on Yahoo and GAIM hasn't been able to log
> into yahoo for a couple weeks now. :-(  Saw that Trilug has a jabber
> server and figured I'd try it out.  The Yahoo transport seems to be
> broken though.
>
> --[Lance]

The Yahoo transport on the TriLUG jabber server is almost certainly
broken.  I believe it was even installed before Yahoo made all kinds
of changes to their protocol setup that broke things.  You'd probably
do better using Gaim or Kopete.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton