[TriLUG] Re: jabber.trilug.org Yahoo transport

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Fri Feb 13 02:29:07 EST 2004

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> The Yahoo transport on the TriLUG jabber server is almost certainly
> broken.  I believe it was even installed before Yahoo made all kinds
> of changes to their protocol setup that broke things.  You'd probably
> do better using Gaim or Kopete.

Rats.  That's pretty much what I figured.

To address Brian's statement:  GAIM did a new release very recently to
correct Yahoo logon issues.  The current problem arose *after* that
release.  :-(

/me plaintively:  Why can' everyone just get along?

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
Celebrate The Circle  - www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/