[TriLUG] OT: How to download an album

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Feb 13 15:00:01 EST 2004

Now before anyone goes nuts and chants for or against the RIAA, this has
nothing to do with that.

Now to the question:
 I'm in a local band and we're trying to figure out how to get our album
out there with minimal cost. An idea I have is a to allow folks to
purchase the album online and download it. This would reduce the cost
like crazy (no CD/label/shipping) and would allow us to "undercut" the
cost of other albums. But I'm not sure how to go about this process.

Has anyone seen this out there? Or does anyone do this now?

Any info or leads would greatly be appreciated.

Roy