[TriLUG] Linux on Toshiba laptop not recognizing 2nd hard disk!

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 00:21:01 EST 2004

Hey guys, anybody got any idea what might cause this:

On my Toshiba laptop, running RedHat 9, when I try to do an fdisk -l
on /dev/hdc (which is the 2nd hard-drive, a 60 GB Toshiba ATA drive, in
the modular expansion bay), I get a message reading something like
"floppy driver not found" or similar.

I've watched the console messages as machine boots, and it's
definitely seeing that drive as hdc... and this machine doesn't
even have a floppy drive in it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org