[TriLUG] PoPToP VPN performance

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 16 13:08:11 EST 2004

Sorry, I've been wrestling with a mail cluster all weekend. I've got
"MTA" on the brain!  I did indeed mean MTU.

This is the most common problem with PPTP - and it is so common that I
don't think of it as "blind" option to try.  As with any form of
troubleshooting where the details provided are sparse but the need for a
solution is high, you lean heavily on experience and common solutions.

Looking at Jeremy's earlier analysis though it seems that 21 hours is
not really that much out of line, especially if the data you are moving
has already been compressed. Thanks Jeremy.

Good luck - Ryan!