[TriLUG] Fedora Core 2 (TEST 1 )

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Feb 16 13:59:48 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 13:36, Rock Roskam wrote:

> Fedora Core 2 RC1 seems much faster but I am having some issues.  Cannot
> connect to the RHN.

I'm having a little trouble understanding the format of your post, but I
will comment on this one thing -- Fedora doesn't really connect to "RHN"
in the same way that  it does for RHL 9 and RHEL.    Instead, the
up2date client uses the "yum" backend (by default) to download updates
from a source.  By default, this is a Red Hat server -- and it's been
overloaded lately due to everyone trying to download the FC2 test1
ISOs.  So I suggest you edit your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file to
point to a local mirror, such as http://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/ , or
iBiblio etc.  That should fix the problem you're having.

--Jeremy