[TriLUG] problems getting flashplayer to load with RHEL 3.0workstation (FOLLOWUP)

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at hofftech.net
Fri Feb 20 14:52:00 EST 2004

I've gotten the same error several times on a RH AS 3 machine.  My
workaround (which may not be completely correct, but works) is to create a
symbolic link as follows:

ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-1.so /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
it is a version change, but I have yet to find that version.  Like I said,
this isn't the right way to do things, but in a pinch...gotta improvise.
I haven't run into any problems as of yet, but perhaps I am not making use
of the obscure feature that the version change added.

Take my advice at your own risk! ;-)

Steve