[TriLUG] MASSIVE SECURITY BREACH

Stanley A. Schultz schultz at ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 1 16:09:06 EST 2004

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING? WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR BRAINS ANYWAY?

> ... If you have questions, problems, comments, etc, send them to
> mailman-owner at trilug.org.  Thanks!
>
> Passwords for schultz at ucalgary.ca:
>
> List                                     Password // URL
> ----                                     --------
> trilug at trilug.org                        XXXXXXX
> http://www.trilug.org/mailman/options/trilug/schultz%40ucalgary.ca

I have grave doubts about the sanity of any list owners/administrators who
periodically, predictably broadcast, or allow to be broadcast, their
members' passwords for any reason!

Who in Hell needs Microsoft's security holes when we have lists that do
this?

 Peace, health, wisdom and wealth.
 Live long and prosper.

 Stan Schultz
 Marguerite Schultz
  4411 Edmonton Trail. NE
  Calgary, Alberta T2E 3V7
  CANADA

  Phone (days): (403) 220-8570 (Leave message.)
  Phone (eves): (403) 230-1911 (Leave message.)
  Phone (cell): (403) 667-6697 (Forget it! It's never on!)
  FAX (24 hrs): (403) 270-8928
  E-mail: schultz at ucalgary.ca
  Web: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/

"We are *NOT* tourists! We've been here for just hours and hours!"

GREAT NEWS! You should visit http://www.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/motorhome.html.