[TriLUG] MASSIVE SECURITY BREACH

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Mon Mar 1 22:02:31 EST 2004

Stanley A. Schultz wrote:

> Neither my E-mail address nor any of the phone numbers, not even the FAX
> number would allow someone with less than honorable intentions to crack
> the campus system. Broadcasting a password associated with a name clearly
> does.

please define 'broadcasting' as you're using it.  i think the issue
here is that the rest of us don't consider a mail message sent to
an individual to be 'broadcasting' it.  it's vulnerable because of
the way the network works, yes -- but no more so than any other
private message to an individual.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"