[TriLUG] USB Drives

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Tue Mar 2 09:06:27 EST 2004

OK, I've been using a USB flash drive for some time.  Love that little
bugger.  Have autofs setup to mount/unmount it on command, etc.

However, I've also come into possession of a USB external HD.

Which I've setup similarly.

Now, everything is both hunky and dory if I plug in the flash first, and
HD second.  But if I only want the HD, or plug the HD in first, all hell
starts breaking loose.

Is there a way to mark or name the drives so that when the HD gets
plugged in it's always sdb and the flash is sda?

CJK
--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>