[TriLUG] iptables broke when I upgraded to linux kernel 2.6.3

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Tue Mar 2 10:29:13 EST 2004

> Did you use RH/Fedora's kernel config, or did you roll your own? Make
> sure you have CONFIG_KMOD=y set, which will load the modules as needed
> instead of relying on you to have them insmod'ed prior.

I used the config from http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/SRPMS.kernel/
And then disabled a whole bunch of drivers that I knew for a fact I would
not need. I tried to rebuild the RPMS from the SRPMS. Unfortunately the
RPM building bit failed and I had to install the built kernel manually. So
I had to use depmod to make modules.dep and then mkinitrd to make the
RAMDISK.

BTW: I do have CONFIG_KMOD=y yet iptables modules are not loading. :(

Kudzu also tells me my sound card and mouse have been uninstalled every
time I reboot.

--
Peter Long