[TriLUG] Envelopes

z zzd at trilig.org
Wed Mar 3 11:03:54 EST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 10:32, Chris Knowles wrote:
> OK, I've had this problem for awhile.
>
> I've got an HP Deskjet 812c at home.  Works great.
>
> Except when I try to print envelopes in OpenOffice.  (Everything else
> printing in openoffice works great.)
>
> The printer sucks in a sheet of paper and just freaks out.  usually
> doesn't even print any gobbldygook.
>
> Openoffice to the HP LJ4050 at work works great for envelopes.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> CJK

We played with this for a while and found that when we printed what we wanted
for an envelope onto letter sized paper, it was way over to the right hand
side while our envelope feeder was on the left of the printer. To fix this,
we altered the margins of the envelope template to place the printable text
in the postion we desired. Hope this helps.