[Fwd: Re: [TriLUG] OT: Contemplations on tolerance...]

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Wed Mar 3 15:35:11 EST 2004

Christopher L Merrill wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:22:18PM -0500, Jon Carnes wrote:
> Regardless of how basic my questions have been...they were always
> answered in a helpful and respectful manner.

Right.  I don't think the virtual beating of one a-hole for writing the
most ignorant mail message ever conceived (*) (well, since SCO got
Internet access anyway) should label this list or any of its members as
hostile or unwilling to help newbies.

I would even guess that Mr Schultz could probably get some newbie help
here despite his little outburst, if his future messages are a little
less rude or insulting.  Somehow, I dont think that would have been the
case anyway, the tone of his message just screams "trolling, please beat
me."

* (yeah, yeah, I know thats a little exaggerated)

> Mr Schultz's posts were answered rudely because his post was rude.
> While that does not excuse the behavior...it does validate the
> old saying: "You catch more bees with sugar than vinegar".

Exactly.

--mike