[TriLUG] another beige g3 question

H Brett Bolen brettb at trilug.org
Wed Mar 3 23:48:47 EST 2004

sorry for the apple question....

I installed mac os 9 on a second partition on the first drive,
and used os X's  startup disk switcher to boot it.  It works
fine.  I have not been able to boot os x again.  It is still
installed -- I see the icon for it and the files are there,
but the os9 'startup disk' control panel doesn't do anything.

How can I get back to OS X?

I want to put a hard drive in it for debian.  I took it apart,
and did not see a place to put the  second hard drive on the
first ide chain.  It doesn't look like there is a place
to put it.

Does it need to go on the second ide chain ( which has a zip drive
and a cd drive)?  What are the other options?

I see an old scsi port on the back -- db25.  Can you boot from external
drives?

I plan to come to the next trilug meeting -- games.  Can someone
volunteer to answer some mac questions for me?

The goal is to be setup a 'multi boot' system with os9 for the
kids, os x and debian for me to play with.

thanks
--
b²

-- H Brett Bolen