[TriLUG] Strange UI Problem....

Brian Weaver weave at oculan.com
Thu Mar 4 10:05:42 EST 2004

Ilan Volow [listboy at clarux.com] wrote on Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:49:11AM -0500:

> Desktop linux as we currently know it was and still is designed by
> programmers and unix geeks, not by user interaction people. These
> usability problems are really a reflection of this.

Ilan,

Thank you for the thoughtful insight into the problem with the state
of Linux on the desktop. The whole discussion has only re-enforced one
thing about how I use computers; When given a choice I'll search for and
use the command line tool over just about any UI based tool.

I had a good friend tell me once that I "seem to hate graphical tools."
Perhaps he is right, more often then not they just get in the way of
accomplishing a task. Perhaps I'm just a minimalist at heart. Just my
personal experience with computing.

-Weave