[TriLUG] Strange UI Problem....

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Mar 4 19:35:34 EST 2004

On Thu March 4 2004 02:492am, Ilan Volow wrote:
> Desktop linux as we currently know it was and still is designed by
> programmers and unix geeks, not by user interaction people. These
> usability problems are really a reflection of this.

Interestingly enough, I read your words and remembered a recent set of
articles by ESR about usability, UI and geek programmers designing
waaay too geek UIs:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cups-horror.html
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/03/01/1453218&mode=nested

I mostly agree with ESR in those articles.

Salut,
SInner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/  ||  http://mandrake.badopi.org
Linux User # 89976 - Mandrake Linux 9.2 -Linux Machine # 38068