[TriLUG] March 9 TNTUG meeting - Don't forget!

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 21:36:35 EST 2004

> The president of the LUG whom had asked me to do the present apologized
> for the attitudes and I had guys that joked about how surprised they
> were that I didnt have a lockup or a blue screen during my entire
> Presentation which was done on Windows Server 2003.

In all honesty, Windows has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 5
or 6 years.  Win2K is really a whole different world from Win95 / Win 98
(or older).  Not that I like defending Windows... but honestly, I can
say that with the newer versions of Windows, my main reasons for
preferring Linux are more philosophical than technical.  Win2K is
a decent (not great, mind you.. but decent) OS in a lot of ways.

As much as we all like to pick on M$..  they DO have some damn
smart people working their, and Windows does have some technological
merits.

Still, I like advocating Linux (and will one day switch to using
Linux full-time myself) because I dislike MS's business practices (see:
Product Activation crap, exclusive vendor licensing deals, monopoly,
etc.) and because the geek in me wants the source code to stuff I use...
There's still some intertia keeping me using Windows a big chunk of the
time (read: laziness) but I will make the switch eventually.

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org