[TriLUG] March 9 TNTUG meeting - Don't forget!

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Mar 5 23:17:56 EST 2004

Now I did a presentation for a LUG down in Charlotte, which
> is my primary residence, a month and a half ago  on Windows Services for
> UNIX 3.5 and that was a hostile crowd, people walked out, when the Q&A
> section came up I had some tell me during Q&A that I am wasting my time
> because they would never switch to Windows just to run SFU, but those
> were pretty much the zealots, the pros stayed and asked questions and we
> downloaded SFU, burned some CD's and the rest of the afternoon was fun.
> The president of the LUG whom had asked me to do the present apologized
> for the attitudes
[Jim Ray sez:] it was my great pleasure to welcome a TriLUG speaker to speak
on Linux at TNTUG for our December 2003 meeting (thanks, Jason).  As
president at that time, I would have gladly escorted any hecklers to the
door that had disrespected the speaker...