[TriLUG] Re: Time To Ditch RoadRunner?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 20:43:36 EST 2004

I've done some analysis of their network (since they added the VoIP
offerings) and it looks to me as though the VoIP is given higher
priority at the community router level, but then it has a different
internal path from the data.

At that point the voice traffic is run across separate systems from the
data - so the voice should only affect local traffic, and the effect
should be exceedingly small considering the Bandwidth used by VoIP.

The Gateway routers and other Internet services should not be affected
by VoIP traffic.

Maybe Ben can give us a few hints on setup of our Local RR.

Jon