[TriLUG] cotse.net

Sean Murphy s.murphy at acherial.homelinux.net
Tue Mar 9 15:35:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 10:27, Dan wrote:
> Anyone on list using the cotse.net mail services?  I paid up for two months
> to give it a go and so far have been quite pleased with them.  I'm planning
> on maintaining the account but wonder if anyone knew of any horror stories
> concerning them...  I don't want to go to the trouble of migrating all of
> my mail to a service that disappears 6 months from now.
>
> --
> Dan

Dan,

I am a former COTSE customer, I used them for well over a year. I left
them when I learned to provide 95% of the services they offer under my
own power. If you want excelent spam filtering and privacy without
having to run the servers youself cotse.net can't be beat. In all the
time I used them as my sole email provider I recived only one spam email
that actualy made it to my inbox.

Durring my time with Cotse they sufferd 2 major outages, one due to a
backhoe oporator takeing out their lines and one while they migrated to
a new ISP. Neither resulted in any mail loss. It should also be noted
that cotse is very popular with the crowd from alt.2600 and like minded
newsgroups.

HTH

Sean
Former member of the Church Of The Swimming Elephant