[TriLUG] Stopping FireFox/Mozilla Software Install Request

Owen Berry trilugbucket at berrybunch.net
Tue Mar 9 18:07:44 EST 2004

You might try the "Flash click to view" extension.

http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/

Instead of displaying Flash objects it displays a button - if you want
to view the object you click the button, if not you just ignore it.
Normally this is useful for blocking annoying advertising, but it might
help you out as well - not sure at which stage the browser will test for
the plug-in.

Owen