[TriLUG] Synaptics Touch pad issue

Jaimie Livingston jaimie at onebutterfly.com
Wed Mar 10 22:36:18 EST 2004

The last information I have is that the tap-to-click feature for the
TouchPad is not well supported in the 2.6.x kernels, mainly due to device
sensitivity and calibration issues if I understand the various writeups on
the subject.

I've had several laptops with the TouchPad from Gateway and Dell, and I've
yet to get the tap-to-click feature to work correctly or reliably...

http://compass.com/synaptics/
http://www.synaptics.com/support/downloads.cfm#drivers

Jaimie