[TriLUG] introduction to screen

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Mar 11 11:40:03 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Mike M wrote:

> This could be useful if you have a dialin connection and need
> multiple sessions to other machines on the remote net - yes?
> If so, this is _exactly_ what I didn't know I needed.

Oh this is even useful if you have a T3.  Connectivity hiccups do happen
from time to time, at either end of the connection and all points in
between.  I also seem to have an annoying problem, only with moya, where
my ssh session just disconnects on its own.  This happens regardless of
where I'm connecting, including my present employer (one full T1), former
employer (dual full T1's), home (business class cable modem) or just about
anywhere else.  screen gets around this problem handily.  It's not just a
dialup problem (though such disconnects are obviously going to be more
likely on a dialup connection).