[TriLUG] Mandrake 10 again

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.nulluser.com
Thu Mar 11 12:37:31 EST 2004

--On Thursday, March 11, 2004 12:24:21 PM -0500 Brian Weaver
<weave at oculan.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I've had problems with 10.0 on a dual system where I work. I installed
> everything and the kitchen sink because it was just a test system. It
> boots fine until it enables the swap, then it hangs right there. Nadda,
> nothing.
>
> I might have to track down a single CPU system to see if I have better
> luck.
>
> -Weave
>

> Dan [trilug at daijin.nulluser.com] wrote on Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:28:59AM
> -0500:
>>
>> I've installed MDK 10 on my work PC and it is running just fine.  A PC I
>> have at home is a different matter altogether.  The home box is a dual
>> Pentium Pro 200.  It has 384MB RAM and about 80GB of disk.  It ran MDK
>> 9.2  with no problem, albeit a bit slow.  MDK 10 installed last night
>> without a  problem but when I boot it hits the 'uncompressing linux
>> kernel' and then  reboots.  It does this with the SMP kernel, the
>> non-SMP kernel and even the  failsafe option.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> Dan

I had the same problem when I was looking at the MDK 10 release candidates,
I was hoping it was a beta thing.  I'm going to play with the bios tinight.
I remember a while back having to change something at the bios level
dealing with the SMP stuff.  If I figure anything out I'll post it.

--
Dan Monjar