[TriLUG] [JOB] Red Hat - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 20:36:54 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 05:20:28PM -0500, Christopher L Merrill wrote:

> "hack away like mad to make the next milestone and don't worry
> about anything else"

Heh! This is the only "methodology" that actually works.  It's the one
used by Edison:

"Results? Why man, I gotten a lot of results. I know 50,000 things
that won't work."

What I want to know is how I can become a Certified Agile Software
Engineer (CASE)?

If you want to become an Agile Software Signer (ASS), then look no
further than here:
http://agilemanifesto.org/sign/signup.cgi

I like the "Responding to change over following a plan" item.  I'm
going to try that next time I get asked for a plan and a schedule.

I'm also going to try this, "You don't need documentation - see - because
the software actually works.  If you'll just read the code then you'll
see what it's supposed to do."

I can't stop laughing while I think of doe-eyed engineers hugging
each other after the daily Agile Software Review, and wistfully
recalling the time they all went off to the ski-lodge to formulate
the manifesto.

What a hoot!  I guess I won't fit in to the "agile" environment.
--
Mike

When the correction first comes, we tend to underreact. While we do not
like the surprise, we tend to think of it as maybe a one-time thing.
Things, we believe, will soon get back to normal. We do not scale back
our expectations sufficiently. It apparently takes years for this to
work itself out. - John Mauldin