[TriLUG] TriLUG table at Raleigh Hamfest - 4/4/04 - Volunteers Needed

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Mar 17 22:09:30 EST 2004

TriLUG will be sponsoring a table at the RARS Hamfest in Raleigh on
April 4, 2004 at the Jim Graham Building at the fairgrounds.  See
http://www.rars.org/hamfest/ .

Besides being a place for amateur radio operators to get together,
hamfests have large flea markets with all kinds of computer and
electronics gear.  It's a great audience for educating folks about
Linux, and it's a great fundraiser for TriLUG. At the TriLUG table we
accept donations in exchange for Linux CDs, demonstrate Linux on several
computers, and answer any questions visitors may have.  Also, we use the
computers to burn more CDs to keep up with demand.

Here is the schedule for volunteers.    These things are busier earlier
in the day, and yes we really need folks at 7am to help set up.

7:00 am - 9:30 am	:   three needed; help with setup
9:30 am - 12:00 noon	:   three needed
12:00 noon - 2:30 pm	:   three needed
2:00 pm - 4:30ish	:   two needed; help with teardown

Already "signed up" : Jeremy Portzer ;  Jason Tower -- all day

If you're interested in signing up, please reply to
steering at trilug.org, that's STEERING -AT- TRILUG -DOT- ORG, with the
shift(s) that you can work.  If you can't work one of those exact
shifts, that's fine too, just let us know when you can be there.  We'll
buy your entrance ticket if you can commit to a two-hour shift or more.

Also, if you are a computer or electronics dealer and would like to have
a table at the RARS hamfest next to TriLUG, please let us know.  And if
you can't be at the hamfest but would like to burn CDs in advance, feel
free to do that also!

Thanks, and we're looking forward to the hamfest!  Even if you can't
volunteer, please do stop by the table and say hi.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Portzer, KI4BRY

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |