[TriLUG] gaim-076 and sound

Ralph Blach chipper at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 6 13:07:39 EDT 2004

I am trying to get sound to work as a user.  I have an off the shelf
redhat 9.0 system with gaim-076 compiled from the source an x86 hardware
( Thinkpad t40)
Other sound options like play, realplay,  and and  odd decoder works
fine as user

I compiled in the debug option to see what was happening.

Heres what seems to happen.
As root the oss sound driver loads and plays the sound correctly,
As a user, the oss sound driver does not load and the sound does not play.

Is there something special as a user under gaim-076 that I have to do
the oss driver to load
I have edited the /etc/libao.conf  and put the line

 default_driver=oss

in it

Any insights would be appreciated.

--